API Question

I have an program i use for booru sites, it's just a pet project of mine, i used to be able to connect to behoimi using the API at http://behoimi.org/posts/index.xml, but i always get a 403 return for my request, i'm using login and passwordhash as part of the url but to no avail. On a browser it does work and returns the xml. Can anyone tell me what may be happening?

What does your pet project do?

it's an application that runs on a mac, on a desktop, not on an iphone or ipad. it allows you switch between *booru sites and query them using tags, and presents a contact sheet with the results, this resuts are obtained and parsed from posts/index.xml, if you like the images you could select them and the application downloads the images, mind you, it can only do that from the contact sheet so it can only download 16 images that come on 1 page of results at the most at one particular time.
The problem is this: i issue an urlrequest to danbooru.donmai.us and i get a urlresponse of 200 and xml with 20 results, i do the same to behoimi.org and i get a 403 response and the xml i get is one just explaining the error, so my questions are, do you allow API requests at all? Do you require cookies to connect to the API urls?

Try sending a user agent string. Server is configured to block blank user agents and blank referrers to cut down on casual bandwidth raping.

I see, that's a good clue, i do get the same results (403) when i use curl against the posts/list.xml, maybe it's that blank user agent, i will try doing that. Thanks.

Oh, curl. It's blocked due to rampant abuse.

No surprise on that.

I was able to get a 200 response from posts/list.xml by using a combination of cookies and a user agent, but unfortunately the object i use to present the contact sheet (IKImageBrowserView) cannot set its cookies or user agent so when accessing the preview url thumbnails i get blanks, but even if i did get the contact sheet working by implementing caching, if i decide to save an image i get some sausages on a grill instead, i tried adding referrers as well but to no avail, i imagine is the hot linking protection.

I think i'll leave it at that.

Thanks for the help, nil!